Thursday, May 29, 2008

A short note about Staggering Blow and Reverse Swing

Recently I learned rank 2 of Staggering Blow, an ability I had already become fond of, and began to realize this is a highly underused combo.

Staggering Blow is currently my default combo (Rank 2 and 1 take slots 4 and 5 on my hotbar) due to its massive damage and very low stamina cost.. I alternate between them depending on the target's health and my cooldowns. A general example for a tough mob or group would be something like SB2 -> Butcher -> SB1 -> Clobber -> Finishing Blow -> [some combo, based on which CDs are up and shields]


This may not seem the most logical route, but consider what happens when you bring the feat "Reverse Swing" into the mix. Reverse swing is an ability that, when you hit a target with Staggering Blow (Note: you MUST hit the target, swinging into the air does nothing), gives you a buff that increases your base damage output for 5 seconds. At 5/5 in the feat, it gives 10% (thanks to Azrus) So maintaining that buff while you execute your other combos will notably increase your damage output.

Anyone else use this method?

2 comments:

Emil said...

Ive currently gotten to 21 with dual wield and dont know if it is the best to keep on leveling, what do you think is the best way to level so far, have you tried both?

Gokex said...

I haven't tried both, but since I'm playing on a PvP server, I find myself facing player opponents way too often. I also just enjoy the play style of 2H more :P maybe I'll level up a DWer next :D