Monday, June 16, 2008

A note on Impale

Impale

Grants the Barbarian an ability so their next attack inflicts significant bleeding wounds with both their weapons.

I picked this up tonight for the first time and got around to playing with it. Wow, it is great. I haven't put more than one point into it, as that's all my build will allow for the time, but that one point seems to be extremely powerful. The damage from the bleed seems very high and the fact that it makes you use both weapons seems to be quite useful.

With just one point, the bleed ticked for between 90 and 100 damage for 7 ticks, when the mob died - couldn't keep counting. It doesn't take much math to realize the potency of this ability (especially combined with No Escape, could make for some huge DoT action).

Update:

Adding points increases damage done by the DoT. Seems to do the same damage whether you apply it with a combo or just a white damage (that is to say, apply it asap however you can). With 2 points, it's consistantly hitting around 110-140. Word is at 5/5 it's around 250 a tick.. I'll let you know when I get there.

Either way, I'm diggin it.

Anyone know what it does with more point invested? Shorter cooldown? More damage? Either way, it's definitely worth investing in. Awesome feat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the case is that the Impale DoT would trigger from No Escape, I'm afraid we will have to face enormous nerfs to the hybrid builds, which I don't want to see, I'm a Berserker/Archtree Barbarian on level 80, So far my No Escape DoT for 350-450 damage for the duration, putting another XXX Damage to that from Impale WILL make people cry - just like they did with the "Pain-Train" (Finishing Blow + Decapitator), leaving us with 2 broken combo's for some patches.

I'm not against the idea of a hybrid build, it might be good in PvE, however, from what I've noticed in PvP, There is no time to swap weapons around to CC and "Savage Rage + CoS" someone without getting your own butt cut apart, or I just suck at the whole swapping thing as I've tried both builds.
All tho, I won't cry seeing more hybrids around, I kind of like hitting them with my clobber watching them fly like ants knowing I will CC them for the duration of the remaining fight, and seriously, if you fail your Savage Rage + CoS, what else is there to do? No escape and run around? It's what I've seen people do so far and it's hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

obviously impale is good

put 5 points in it, you fail for questioning this move

Anonymous said...

If you play Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, you don't wanna miss out such rock bottom price of Age of Conan Gold in the world! That's right, we sharply cut down the price of AoC Gold on all servers. We are offering best Age of Conan Power Leveling and you will also buy AoC Gold at cost at the same time, go and check now!
Also we'll keep you updated if the start date of Warhammer Online Gold starts, or if any other Warhammer Online service comes up, so drop by for more!