Thursday, June 19, 2008

Keeping on the hybrid spec train

Well, modified the build a bit further.. if you see my most recent post on The (my) official word on Smash 'n Crush and Brutal Cyclone , you'll see that I don't find them very practical for PvP. So, the build changes again. You'll note I also don't have sever maxed at the moment, this is because of some handy information from a reader named Mark indicating that the actual damage gain from it is relatively minimal (about 5% for 5/5.. more on that later, don't quote me, yet.) but we're still trying to determine the frequency of procs to see if its useful for burst.. anyway.. before I get too off topic, here's the build:

http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0a5b5c5d2h1i3j5k1p5q3w1y1z5t1a5b3c5d3g1i3k1l1m3o1t2a5b3d1f1j1

Thanks to powerslave7 for pointing out I could get Escape Artist, totally missed it!

(this post is a follow up to Hybrid Spec Info)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple basic questions as far as a hybrid build, so here they are:

-I assume the benefit to a hybrid build is switching between a 2hander and dual-wield mid-battle to use all stuns?

Assuming that is correct, if not then what is the benefit, what is the better weapon style to start with, which does more DPS, do you use different styles for different situations?

Thanks and love the site!

Gokex said...

Yeah, the theory with the hybrid is that you get to use 2H for the stuns and knockbacks and dual wield for the crazy Cyclone of Steel DPS.

Best DPS is CoS from the DW line. I honestly don't use my 2H for anything except CC.. occasionally a butcher if I have it out and the shields make it worth while.

Anonymous said...

in this last build, would your DoT damage go up if you had 2pts in Grisly Wounds and 1pt in Atrocity? For leveling from 50-80 how many points would you spend in reaver (get Rupture and Lure) before putting them into berserker?

Gokex said...

Grisly Wounds isn't very good right now. The DoT is still very, very weak. Better to put all the points in Atrocity to go for the fatality when you use Butcher.

As for how to do the points from 50-80, check out http://thecrushingbarbarian.blogspot.com/2008/06/barbarian-feats-leveling-guide.html

By 50 you can be pretty much done with the Reaver tree.