Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spammers:

Two notes. First off, Tild and I have found our guides being posted on other websites with no credit or linkbacks given. I'm not going to post the links since these sites are just ad farms that blast you with spam, and every view is money in his pocket. If any of you guys happen to come across this, please let one of us know so we can take the proper actions.

Secondly, I have comments open right now, and I don't really think it's going to be a major issue, but the occasional spammer has been dropping by to try to throw some links into the comments (for placement on Google). If you come across a comment here with a URL in it to anything besides a known feat calculator, the AoC Forums or something of that Nature, don't click it. The one today was just a link labled "AoC Leveling Guide" linking to something like aoc-leveling-guide-from-gold-spammer.blogspot.com Whenever you see a crazy blog address like that, it's another of the ad farm spam sites. I don't plan to restrict comments at all since it's pretty easy for me to monitor them. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Also, I have a triple bachelor party this weekend (I'm not one of the three non-bachelors-to-be, thankfully), but don't expect much as far as updates go this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow......
This website is a great resource for my budding Barb and I'd hate to see some idiots out there ruin it.

Keep up the great work Gokex!

Unknown said...

You want mirrion gold?
You want power revel?

Haha, did you get any word back on the copyright stuff?

Gokex said...

haha nice :P unfortunately, no not yet.. it's all run by Google, so I'm sure with enough effort they'd take it down. But who has a fax machine any more?