Monday, June 23, 2008

Today's patch

Not much in the way of Barbarian notes today. And, to be honest, I'm kind of happy to see it. Right now, I don't think we have any glaring issues that need to be resolved. Any issues we do seem to have, I believe, are generic melee class issues (if you disagree, post up the fixes you'd like to see, I may have very well missed something). And, of course, not being in the notes means no nerfs coming our way, also good.

Here's a link to the full notes:
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=101147

Tempest of Sets got smashed in the face.. we all saw that coming. One of their AoE spells was limited to 3 targets, another was changed to single target. Their ability to power AoE grind was just stupid, especially on a Priest class.

  • All bags have had their size doubled!
  • Many level 80 items that increased Max Mana have been adjusted to provide Max Stamina as they were intended. Barbarians will greatly benefit from this change.
This is pretty awesome. Many people have noted that we're wearing "ToS Gear" at 80, because it's just better. I have a feeling a lot of that gear just got a whoooole LOT better. We will see.

So that's about it.. a quiet patch overall. Have a barbarianarific day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just discovered this blog today. As a semi-soloist Barbarian myself your observations and updates are invaluable - got you on my favorites list. Keep up the good work!

Gokex said...

Hi, glad to hear it :D Sounds like you're into the same playstyle as me, so good to hear you. Thanks again :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, more or less. I'm trying something really dumb (or brilliant) and going for a full rogue build. I may even end up with a mix of cloth and light (chest only) medium armor to maximize my stealth.

Kinda should play a bit like an assassin but with a better ability to handle the unpredictable in soloing. I'm going DW to maximize my DPS since my feats are mostly going in the rogue tree.

When things get hairy "Second Wind" and running or jumping off a cliff and hoping "Mountaineering" or "Cheat Death" saves my bacon.

So far so good but I'm only level 55 so far. My skills are Hiding and Climbing (maxed) with extra points going into first Perception and then Skulk.

I'm a potion using fiend so the recovery skills rarely seem that useful to me. Either I'm in danger or I'm safe as a lamb with all the time in the world.

In groups I hope my collection of Auras from the Rogue tree makes me popular. With every class able to do pretty good DPS, and knockbacks tending to foul up other folks combos, going DW with Rogue auras (especially "Distraction") should make me a pretty good team player.

But it's all theoretical at this point. I do seem to be holding my own pretty well. Sure, it takes me an extra swing or two sometimes but I get the job done and I've got a Swiss Army knife collection of auxillary skills.

Anonymous said...

In regards to the bags being doubled in size... i logged on today and didn't see any difference. My inventory still has... 24(?) slots and my mammoth bag still has 8. so where is the doubling?

Gokex said...

My secondary bag doubled in size from 4 to 8. It was one I purchased from a vendor, though.

Anonymous said...

"if you disagree, post up the fixes you'd like to see"

Savage Rage freeze bug.

female barbarian 1.46 attack speed instead of 1.2

Gokex said...

"Savage Rage freeze bug.

female barbarian 1.46 attack speed instead of 1.2"

Those falls under "generic melee bugs" ;) specifically, problems with female toons, not at all barbarian specific.